Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bringing Food to a party? and Journal topics????

When will I ever learn how to bring food to get togethers like a family reunion. I should have known that one Watermelon and one veggie tray would be enough. We had so much food. I also got to go to one of my childhood memory places called Enid Lake. It was great to interact with all my extended family. We have about 45 people there, but we were missing about 15. Hopefully next year we can get everyone there. Also it was crazy to see all the hurricane evacuations in North MS. The lake we were at had to open up reserve camping areas that had not been open in years, because of this.

The Cross Country meet went well. We placed third overall for the girl's division out of 31 teams. We also got 5th with the boys. We had the overall girls winner by aoubt a full minute for the Varsity division. In junior varsity we had a 7th grade place 9th. She is going to be awesome. We are a small school and we beat some really good teams that are 6A and 5A. We are considered 3A. We had a great day. Sat. night we went to Nana's but did not get to swim, because the pool broke. The lake was packed. I got to grill out and watch football.


Another Journal topic: When we got to my in-laws house on the first night when we were moving their house had been struck by lightning. This is the second time they have had this happen. It knocked out satellite, washer and dryer, their septic tank, A/C unit, and many more things. I was really upset about losing satellite, but not being able to go #2 was pretty bad too. We went to Lowe's Home Improvement one day, and Kristy and I were like we better use the restroom here. So we did. It was really strange. They did not get it fixed for like 3 weeks. The irony here is that they did not want us to buy a 50 year old house, because of all the problems we would have. I guess they should not have said that.

My in-laws are great, but very strange. One day last Christmas break, right after Landon had started really noticing things like golfers and golf carts, something strange dawned on me. My mom-in-law had curtains up that covered her view to the golf course all throughout the house. We were putting up some seals to her windows to keep out the cool air when we noticed the beautiful view. Now when I go over there, the curtains are always open or I say something.

I still have a lot of journal topics left for all you fans out there. I want to give a shout out to my super sister Lacy. She is a true inspiration in my life and I am so happy I get to see her more now. Love you Lacy. Until next time, God Bless everyone!

No comments: