Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ok. No Really WE'RE BACK....

Unless Bellsouth decides we are not. After about a month, I will finally start blogging again. I know that for some of us this has been very painful, but don't worry we are not alone in this world. So much to write about, where do I start.

How about the story about 6 red bulls and 12 hours later we are in Mississippi? No that one is not good enough.

How about the one where we are moving in and my in-laws show up with a bunch of boxes? I have decided I am not going to talk about things that depress me. At least let us move in before you start bringing us more stuff. And no we have not unpacked completely.

Or how about has anyone seen my charger to the weedeater? I hope the new neighbors don't mine the tall grass on Willow Road in Corinth.

Or maybe this blog should be about Landon's second ear infection? We move here the humidity is higher and Landon has a whole bunch of mosquito bites and an ear infection. He is fine now, but it was rough when he was acting like a newborn. Kristy and I did fine we really got back into the grove of things. One sleeps the other gets up the first time, and then the sleeper has to get up. I was really tired, but I did not take it out on my kids.

Or should it be how things really might be slower over here? I go to my first meeting and I get there like 10 minutes early. You would have thought I was an hour early. It was weird. We started like 30 minutes late. If it was not for a daily bell schedule, class would never start everyday. And it takes for ever to get internet.

Or should it be about something important like finding a new church? If you ever thought you were at a really good church like the River with a really awesome God loving staff, then you were right. We miss it so much. We have visited a church or two here and we are suffering. The first church we went to was referred to us by like 5 different people. It is also the biggest with the biggest most awesome worship center. I want to tell you. I was really disappointed. I am very happy for all the people that go to that church. I really am glad they love it, but it was not for us. The church was packed. They had someone up talking when we arrived about joining a class that was reaching people who were lost. They were begging to fill a 18 person class. At least a 1000 people were there that day. I could talk more, but I really don't want to talk about another church. I really did not want to talk this much about someone's church home. We are going to find a new church to visit this weekend. Pray for us.

We miss the River People so much! We think about all of you guys all the time.
My next post will have to be about my soccer team and school life. BTW, only 172 days of school left this year. I know I am already counting.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

Great to see you back! Thanks for the glimpse into your lives. Will certainly be praying for God's guidance for you as you discern where to go! Peace.

Brian Leimone said...

i've been checking daily, hoping that i could have a good laugh. sounds like your internet company is about as incompetent as our cable company here in winston. definitely will be praying as you guys are looking for a body of believers to serve with.

Jason said...

Glad that you're finally able to post again. I've been checking daily to see if there was any news. We'll definitely pray for God to lead you to a church home where you can be comfortable and serve in the way He would have you to.

The Tucks said...

What up man??? Glad to see you back! I have been on the down low since school started back, but thought I'd check in and send you some good vibes! Hope that you all find a great group of God-lovers to hang out with. We miss all three of you and wish you the best!!!

First day of school for us tomorrow!!! And the race begins...

Peace,
Courtney