Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who said this state is slow?

Could be right, but they could also be dead wrong. I am so busy. I feel just like Ratatouille (sp.). I got 6 straight classes of Health, and I have no break. I don't even have time to go meet the benefit people when they visit our school. I go straight to soccer practice, and then cross country. On top of all that I have morning detention and Lunch duty, because I am a coach. I have time for nothing. It is a challenge.

We are so blessed to be here closer to family, but this is a big time adjustment. We are both dealing with new jobs, new friends, new bosses, and a new work environment (I miss KMS, I so could have worked there). Also, we are both people of change that we don't necessarily conform to the norm. We both want to make things better, because we know they can be better. At the same time we don't want to rattle any feathers. This has got to be the capital of this is how we have always done it.

Today, I got in trouble for wearing tennis shoes with my khakis and polo (which I have to tuck in). Keep in mind I have gotten no faculty hand book about what I can and can not wear. It is ridiculous. It is like I am back in high school. Mom do you really know how many times I had to go see Mr. Bush. Well I have been in high school again for two weeks and I have been to see the principal 3 times. I might be going for a record. The second day I had to tuck my shirt in, because this was how it was going to be. Now I know that these things are professional, but I am the health teacher. Tomorrow we are going on the track to walk during my class. We are discussing exercise right now. I will be wearing dress shoes, but all my kids will have tennis shoes on while they walk.

My soccer team is starting to come around, but it is probably going to be a long season. I lost my star player to IMG academy at the beginning of the year. It is disappointing, but she might come back. I hope. We are not in shape and they are not as talented as I am accustom to, but I will get over it.

Thanks goes out to Brian Leimone for salvaging my Football season tickets. I need to send him a big check or something. Brian just ask and you shall receive it, or I might just send it.

3 comments:

Brian Leimone said...

To be exact, $3,746.53.

It will be there Friday!

Smitty said...

Hey guys,
We'll be praying for you as you adjust. I know exactly what you are going through with all the unspoken expectations. I know its hard, but think of it as having great opportunities to show grace. In your honor tomorrow I'll will wear my shirt untucked.
Peace.
-The Smiths

The Tucks said...

Tucked???? Are you kidding me??? KMS misses you!! We are in SMOD, but life is good. The kids are adjusting to the requirements amazingly well and it really is nice to have everyone on an even playing field. I hope that you find peace soon... sounds like a rough start and a huge amount of expectations to get used to. Hang in there and remember that God is bigger than any old principal's office! : ) Keeping you in my prayers! C