Saturday, October 11, 2008

That's my kid...OK...That's my kid...

Busy Busy Week. Soccer everyday to six. I think we r getting better. Rain on Tuesday was crazy. Everything got soaked. The girls are real troopers. They don't complain much at all. Lots of Drama, but that is to be expected. I am really enjoying the ability to teach the game. We are entering week two. I am still going to have tryouts for some girls that are still on Cross Country.

Speaking of CC, we had a meet in Clinton, MS. It was a great weekend. I drove for like 4 hours on Friday and then back on Sat. It gave me time to think or over think about soccer. I really enjoyed it. I will be done with CC next Sat. night. The state meet is the same weekend we start Soccer. This week is ridiculously crazy. I have something going on Tuesday, and Thursday for Soccer. Football Friday and Sat. is our home meet. I will then have practice on Sunday. Craziness.

Funniest Soccer story ever. My brother is coaching his five year old in Southaven. He was a former player and high school soccer coach. He also has a great passion for the game. He is very knowledgeable. Ok to the point. His son gets pushed down by this opposing team's player. The ref calls a hand ball on Owen. My brother is like he would not have hand balled if he was not pushed to the ground. The other coach who is a real jerk, says, he that is my kid, my brother goes well that is my kid. It had to be the greatest come back ever in a game. I was laughing so hard driving up I-55 today. Classic come back.

2 comments:

lacy said...

Really cute soccer story. Lol. I can even picture Brandon saying that. I love it!

Kable said...

Lol. That is funny I have a google alert for Southaven and a link to your blog got sent to me, funny stuff.

Kable